This Fourth of July weekend, many people will be traveling, enjoying fireworks or just firing up the backyard grill. At Whittel & Melton, our Pasco County Injury Lawyers want to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday. We urge you to have fun, but also make sure safety is a top priority.
The American Red Cross offers a series of steps everyone can follow to safely enjoy the holiday weekend.
There will be millions of people on the highways over the Fourth of July weekend. Follow these 6 steps to stay safe while traveling:
- Buckle seat belts.
- Observe Speed Limits.
- Do Not Drink and Drive.
- Pay Attention to the Road. Avoid using a cell phone to call or text.
- Use Caution in Work Zones.
- Stay Alert at Night. Clean the vehicle’s lights and windows to help the driver see, and turn the headlights on as dusk approaches as well as during inclement weather.
- Never Give Fireworks to Small Children.
- Always Follow the Instructions on the Packaging.
- Keep a Supply of Water Nearby.
- Anyone Lighting Fireworks Should Wear Eye Protection.
- Light only One Firework at a Time and Never Try to Relight “A Dud.”
- Never Throw or Point a Firework at People, Animals, Vehicles, Structures or Flammable Materials.
Each and every year during the Fourth of July holiday, people are injured while using charcoal or gas grills. Here are several steps to safely cook up lunch or dinner for your backyard barbecue:
- Always Supervise a Grill when in Use.
- Never Grill Indoors.
- Keep Children and Pets Away from the Grill.
- Keep the Grill Away from the House, the Deck, Tree Branches, or Anything that Could Catch Fire.
If you or someone you care about suffers an injury this Fourth of July due to negligence, or if you have any questions about accident injuries, please contact us online or call 727-847-2299 for a free consultation.