The insurance company is most likely how you will get paid for your motorcycle accident injuries. Because of this, it is important to understand how insurance companies work so that you can figure out what motivates them to make fair settlements, so that you can get the full compensation you deserve after suffering an injury in a motorcycle crash.
The more you understand about how the insurance company operates, the more likely you will be able to stand your ground and negotiate for a fair settlement.
It is important to know the following:
- The first offer the insurance company makes is probably not their best offer.
- The way insurance companies make their money is by paying out as little as possible in claims.
- Insurance companies are not obligated to tell you about your rights.
- The decisions insurance companies make are fueled by money. Taking cases to trial is costly, so they would like to avoid that if at all possible.
- You must watch what you say to insurance adjusters, as anything you say can be used against you in settlement negotiations.
Now that you know what to expect from the insurance company, it is equally important to know that you have the right to legal representation. A Pasco County Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Whittel & Melton can help you with your injury claim after a motorcycle accident. We have represented many motorcycle accident victims before and understand how insurance companies work. To learn more about your rights, or to find out if you have a valid injury claim, then call us at 727-847-2299 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.