New Port Richey Man Killed in Single-Vehicle Crash

A New Port Richey man died Friday night in a single-vehicle collision in Pasco County.

The crash occurred shortly after 8 p.m. on Rowan Road, just north of Notre Dame Street, in New Port Richey.

The Florida Highway Patrol believes the 55-year-old man was driving a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu south on Rowan Road when he lost control of his car.

6163093436_20352b9566_zThe car then traveled off the road and into the wood line, where it hit a metal sign and trees, according to troopers. The car came to rest in the tree line.

The man died at the scene of the crash.

A single-vehicle crash is exactly what its name suggests – a traffic collision that only involves one vehicle. This usually involves a car and a fixed object, like a street sign, tree, wall, freeway divider or other obstacle. These accidents can also commonly be caused by animals in the roadway. Depending on the speed and force of the collision, a single car accident can deliver serious and lasting injuries to the driver or passenger of the vehicle. The result could be expensive medical care costs and lost earnings from missed work. Recovering financial damages from your insurance claim is very important so that you can rebuild from the accident and recover to your normal life.

After a single-vehicle crash, you may think that you are the only person to blame. However, this is not always the case. A defective auto part or poorly designed or maintained roadway could have caused or contributed to the accident. Even if you were possibly somewhat at fault, you need to speak to a lawyer to fully evaluate how best to seek financial compensation from your own insurance company, or that of another, for the injuries you have suffered. A Pasco County Auto Accident Injury Lawyer at Whittel & Melton can help you with your insurance claim so that you can recover the money necessary to cover any medical bills, damage to your vehicle and other losses or damages you have experienced.

To discuss your case and to learn more about filing a claim to recover the damages you need, contact us today online or call 727-847-2299 for a free consultation.


Contact Information